Welcome to The Good Social Worker.
This site features social workers in the United Kingdom who have been recommended by service users around the country. The aim of the Guide is to offer families and children a place where they can find caring and committed child welfare professionals.
- Click on the locations under the Social Workers By Area tab to find a list of good social workers in your area.
- Our Reviews section allows service users to post comments and feedback about social workers and social work teams.
- The Tributes page was created after we received a number of moving comments about retired, or deceased social workers. We celebrate them here.
If you’d like to get in touch with us to send in a review, or to offer feedback on the site, you can reach us by filling out this form.
When submitting a review, please include the following information:
- Your full name and email address
- The name of the social worker/s;
- Which area/s they work in, including the name of the council and if possible a link to a page with their details;
- The time period you engaged with them including days, months and years, and;
- Feedback about your experience.
We will never share your email address or personal details with third parties. If you would like your review to be anonymous, please let us know when you send in your feedback and we won’t publish your name on the site.
We take false reviews, and defamation, very seriously, so we check every piece of feedback and every comment we receive.
Entries are accurate at the time of publication, however we know that social workers can move around. We’d really appreciate any updates on good social workers’ whereabouts, if they happen to change.
Thank you for visiting the Good Social Worker, we hope you find the directory useful.
DISCLAIMER: While we feature positive feedback on this site, we cannot guarantee that everyone will have the same experience with the social workers listed in the directory.